PeopleInsight CEO and Co-Founder John Pensom was a guest in the Eagle Tech Talks Podcast with Morley Surcon. In this podcast John and Morley discuss the many roles related to Big Data (ex. Data Architect, Data Scientist) and how companies leverage data and analytics to make more sophisticated, strategic decisions.
John and Morley discussed various topics in the Big Data space. Here are some of the questions they answered;
- What does "Big Data" mean today? How do you suggest that we think about Data Analytics?
- How has Data Analytics changed over the years? And what should we expect to see in the coming years?
- What are some of the most common misconceptions about Big Data?
- What types of companies leverage (or ought to leverage) Data Analytics?
- What do organizations typically struggle with when looking to implement a Data Analytics project?
- What are some of the technologies used for Data Analytics? Are their certifications that are important indicators that people are experts in this field?
- And more!
Listen to the full podcast below:
About Eagle Tech Talks:
Eagle Tech Talks explores the world of IT, inviting industry practitioners to share their own personal journeys and their knowledge on the IT topics covered in each episode.
Join our host Morley Surcon and his subject matter expert guests as he works through the myriad of topics, functions and roles that make up the Information Technology industry! The podcast provides a simple, “101-level” review of the topic to be covered, using easy-to-understand language. Whether you are a student who is considering a career in technology, a new IT grad who is charting their next steps, a recruitment professional looking to gain a greater depth of understanding, or just someone who is interested in learning more about the IT industry… there is something for everyone!